These two pump stations form part of SA Waters' North South Interconnector System Project (NSISP) that transfers water from the Adelaide Desalination Plant to the northern suburbs. Both were constructed in residential areas on congested sites where multiple contractors were working.
The projects involved:
- Excavation and detailed earthworks
- Stormwater detention systems
- MSCL Pipe work and valve installations on the pump station site
- Soundproof Pump Station buildings and architectural treatments
- Building services and acoustic treatments
- Pavements and storm water infrastructure
- Stonework, Landscaping, irrigation and site rehabilitation
- High pressure pumps, stainless steel pipework and valving
- Ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Overhead travelling crane
- High Voltage Transformers, Switchboards and Variable Speed Drives
- Instrumentation and Control Systems
- Electrical, Fire and Security Systems
- Landscaping, irrigation and site rehabilitation
Construction required close consultation with network operators during tie-ins and with local residents throughout the project to minimise concern surrounding the noise and traffic impact from construction work.
The pump stations were completed safely and ahead of schedule allowing water to be accepted from the new desalination plan.