Design Manager - SA
An opportunity to join the team now exists for an experienced Design Manager based in our office in Thebarton SA. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for managing the design process and design consultants for Design and Construct (D&C) and Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) projects. Your priority will be to ensure all designs are completed on time, to budget, meet contractual requirements and that the design can be constructed.
The ideal candidate for the role would be someone with extensive experience in managing the design process for construction projects and knowledge of Waste Water Treatment and Water Treatment processes.
Essential to your success in this role is the ability to effectively manage resources, identify design cost budgets and monitor the design process to ensure the timely and financial performance of projects.
This is a sought after opportunity to join Guidera O’Connor and their established team, where people are rewarded for top performance and where a strong career path is on offer.
Design Drafters - SA & WA
Established in 2001, Guidera O'Connor is a privately owned and respected leader in the Australian Water Industry. Delivering design and construction services, they specialise in water treatment, chemical dosing and pumping. With a culture based on proactivity, open communication, flexibility and relationships they continue to expand their operations nationally.
About the role
Due to increased project work, we seek Design Drafters in both Bibra Lake, WA and Thebarton, SA. Reporting to the Drafting Manager you will be working with our engineering team to delivery drawing packages for our projects.
We are seeking experienced Design Drafters with high proficiency in Inventor and AutoCad. A background in VR technology would be an advantage.
To succeed in this role, you will be self-driven, solutions focused and enjoy working in a motivated team that will implement your design.
Skills and experience
- At least five years of drafting experience in the Water industry
- High level of proficiency in Inventor.
- High level of proficiency in AutoCad.
- Experience creating GA and sections.
- Experience creating spool drawings.
- Working knowledge of Australian Standards
- Good communication skills (spoken and written).
- High level of integrity.
- Strong work ethic.
- Developing 3D models for treatment plants.
- Producing engineering drawings in accordance with client standards.
- Ability to estimate task time and provide progress feedback.
- Ability to optimise and improve work flow.