This was an AS4000 contract with the Water Corporation for the design and construction of an upgrade to the Jandakot GWTP and Yarragadee Bore to deliver an additional 20 ML/d making it 60 ML/d in total. The design included three new filter cells utilising the Leopold under drainage system.
The work included:
- Three new concrete filter cells utilising the Leopold underdrainage system to process an additional 20 ML/d of bore water
- Excavation and detailed earthworks
- MSCL and HDPE Pipework
- Installation of the Artesian bore casing, bore pump and discharge main to deliver an additional 20 ML/d of bore water to the plant
- Replacement pumps for the Clear Water Pump Station to despatch 60 ML/d of treated water from the Jandakot GWTP to Thomson’s Lake Reservoir
- Instrumentation and Control Systems
- Electrical, Fire and Security Systems
- Landscaping, irrigation and site rehabilitation
GOs design separated the new filter cells from the existing and included HDPE to connect the cells. This removed risk associated with differential settlement between the filter cells.